Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thankful


I've been continuously cheating on my blog over at flickr. I just can't help it! Since I've started my 365, it has allowed me to tap into my creative side again, which I have missed so much. I haven't been able to do any sort of art since I got out of college due to my old girlfriend not liking the place getting messy, which was what I was good at. I am pretty broke right now, so I figured I'd take advantage of my digital camera and make art through that instead of paint. When I do have enough money, I'm going to get some nice paints and canvases and get to work since I've found myself with the time and space to do it.
I have been bored out of my freaking mind for the past few days. The Cop and I got in a car accident on the way back from Maine last Friday. He was driving and he hit a puddle which sent us hydroplaning from the right light of the highway to the very left lane while doing circles. We ended up facing oncoming traffic, but luckily after we hit the median we bounced into the far left lane so no one was traveling in it. I got a little banged up in it, the Cop is fine, thank God, and so I've just been laying low with my pain meds, muscle relaxers, and vertigo-stoppers... which, haven't been working. I really don't see the sense in prescribing a med that is supposed to help with vertigo (aka severe dizziness) when the side effects are even more dizziness. It's supposed to be helping, but instead I need to hold onto walls in order to get to one room to another while trying not to puke. Great, eh? Actually, I'm really not complaining because it could have been far worse. I am thankful that we took his truck instead of my puny Ford Focus that would have probably left us being air lifted to a local hospital. His truck had minimal damage although we couldn't drive it home, and I'd rather have severe neck and back strains than be in slings or worse. So, now that all of it is said and done, I am truly grateful that we are both ok. It really has made me pause and think many times in the past few days that I am lucky to have what I do have and I'm so very glad that I continue to volunteer at a place where the people I work with aren't so lucky because they have lost that husband, father, or mother and they can't get them back. I'll be holding onto the Cop a lot tighter from now on, that's for sure.

No comments: