Tuesday, January 22, 2008

365

I decided to start my very own 365 over at flickr. I have been wanting to do one for a very long time, but since my old camera decided to pop its own picture taking button off in 2004, I was out of luck. I finally bought another camera this past Christmas and I'm really excited to start my own year long photo thing.
I was seriously thinking about a few resolutions to make for the new year, but the cliche ones that people usually do don't at all appeal to me and on top of that I'm really just not motivated to eat better or get in shape or blah blah. Instead, I decided that I wanted to get back into art. I use to love photography and was pretty good at it (if I do say so myself) but without having a darkroom readily available or $1000 to dish out for a digital camera, I figured I'd try other avenues. I also want to get back into painting, which I haven't yet, but plan on doing so soon. So with all of that said, I felt it would be good for me to commit to something as simple as taking a picture everyday, and yet as hard as taking a picture everyday. Know what I mean? So here I am, all motivated and shit with my brand new 365.
Go check it out. I need more flickr friends! (That and I get a little thrill out of knowing people are looking at my pictures... I wonder what Freud would say about that?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I've been looking at your pictures for years. :)

Chris Cactus said...

You know, I really honestly tried 365 but kept on getting derailed. I wish you luck!!

Anonymous said...

Damn, girl. You're making me feel all motivated and shit. Cut it out!