Thursday, January 24, 2008

Not forgotten

I feel like I have deserted my poor blog. I didn't... I just... found.. someone else!
I have been addicted to flickr for the past week or so. I think its great! I've always wanted to join the whole flickr parade, but ever since my camera's picture taking button decided to abandon ship on a snowy mountain 4 years ago, I've been without a camera. I finally bought myself one after the holidays and now I can't get enough of it. So go over there if you want to see more of me (a whole lot more!) because I'll be there!

As for me stuff... well, I got yelled at by my doctor yesterday, who I didn't really like in the first place, so that just added on top of the stuff that I already think she sucks for. I have struggled with an eating disorder for the past 7 years. A lot of it has to do with stress, anxiety, and the need for control... usually when I need those things in my life, I end up not eating. Well, this doctor, whom I've had for about 5 out of those 7 years finally figured out I was anorexic the last time I saw her. Well, I don't even want to give her that much credit... I told her I was. This was in May of last year, where she said she would find me some names of nutritionists, keep in touch with the therapist and psychiatrist I was seeing at the time, and make a follow up appointment with me in a month's time to monitor my weight and also do blood tests to make sure my heart was still pumping and all that stuff. I left the office that day going "oh shit, now what am I going to do?" because I'd figure she'd be on my ass and all, you know, since she's a doctor. This wasn't the case, however. I didn't hear back from her until this November when I got the yearly post card in the mail that said my girly bits needed to be checked.
Anyway, to make a long story short, she basically reamed me out for not following up with her, when clearly she said she would do so with me. being a doctor, I would assume she knows a tiny bit about anorectics and that they find any loop hole possible to escape from people and things who try to help them. Hello? I'm the Loop Hole Queen! After about an hour and a half of meeting with her (why it took that long, I have no idea) she ended the appointment with giving me a shot for HPV (get it, ladies!). I swear she took out her aggression on me by jabbing the needle in extra hard. My damn arm still hurts today and I think its time for me to look for another doc, because this one is apparently out in left field without a glove.

No comments: